Apparently I was still used to 2009 I didn’t notice it on the old Riyadh Bookfair web site! They have finally update the page with a new design, tolerable design and actual content.
Riyadh Bookfair Schedule & location
It will be held at the new REC building (Gowalla location).
As for the schedule, the fair will be open from 10am to 10pm except Friday which opens at 4pm:
- Wednesday 3/3/2010 For All
- Thursday 4/3/2010 For All
- Friday 5/3/2010 From 4pm to 10pm For Men
- Saturday 6/3/2010 For All
- Sunday For All but from 4pm to 10pm For Men
- Monday For All
- Tuesday For All but from 4pm to 10pm for Men
- Wednesday For All
- Thursday For All
- Friday 12/3/2010 From 4pm to 10pm for Men
“For All” means “family” “men & woman”, ya know. And yes, no women only days.
There is no list of registered publishers online.
Issues with the website
Can I rant? I wanna rant!
- Web site was launched in the last minute, the old website provided useless information. This point will be repeated in many forms.
- No list of Registered Publishers.
- About/History of the Riyadh Book Fair page is empty.
- How can you link to a register publisher page but somehow the page only appeared yesterday and registration is closed!
- There is no English website, I was expecting to have multiple languages available especially to help guests and expats.
- At least there is a search page, not enough I rather see a list of publishers/books.
- Hall Map can be available as an image, why only use a PDF?
- More useless registration info launched after the beginning of the Bookfair!
- FYI: list of Irregularities, seminar program and FAQ.
I will visit it soon, I hope they have some good computer books.